Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Update from Sharon

Sharon sent me the following update on her Feet To Prayers swap (and it sounds like she is pretty happy!):

I have received the gorgeous sock, hand-dyed yarn, crochet bookmark, Hershey's Chocolate bar, pattern and a box of inspirational sayings, all from my secret sister..... Charlotte. The pattern and colors she chose for my sock is beautiful! I am looking forward to knitting the matching sock after the holidays. Thank you Charlotte.

I also have sent out a package to my "Feet to Prayers" partner. She may have it as of yesterday or today. I was a bit delayed getting this to the Post Office but.... she should have it this week.

I also received my "prize" from Eve. Oh my goodness..... what a gorgeous hand-dyed sock yarn. The colors are perfect as it signifies my recent scare with what was thought to be breast cancer, as well as my youngest daughters recent breast tumor which was found to be benign. Making socks with this yarn and wearing them will remind us how fortunate we have been and how we fully support research to hopefully someday cure this awful disease. Eve also sent me the cutest little sock blocker key chain with a pattern to make a tiny sock to fit this. Cute! Eve remembered how much I loved the photos of her "Rose of Sharon" photos on her blog and sent me seeds to start growing my own next spring. Thank you Eve!

This has been a fun exchange. Thank you Cary for organizing this for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home