Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Saviour Teach Me Day by Day

This is for Pamela, who asked if anyone knew this song from her childhood (wise words for all of us, not just children!):

Savior, teach me day by day
Love’s sweet lesson to obey,
Sweeter lesson cannot be,
Loving Him Who first loved me.

With a child’s glad heart of love
At Thy bidding may I move,
Prompt to serve and follow Thee,
Loving Him Who first loved me.

Teach me thus Thy steps to trace,
Strong to follow in Thy grace,
Learning how to love from Thee,
Loving Him Who first loved me.

Love in loving finds employ,
In obedience all her joy;
Ever new that joy will be,
Loving Him Who first loved me.

Thus may I rejoice to show
That I feel the love I owe;
Singing, till Thy face I see,
Of His love Who first loved me.

If you go to CyberHymnal and search in the Titles, you can find so many of these wonderful songs of faith (plus listen to a little canned music to hear the tune!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

And you can hear it here
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/t/steachme.htm
I don't think I've ever heard that before, love it!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Carissa said...

What a wonderful little song! I'll have to learn it now to teach it to Bethany and Andrew!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Carissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I am very glad to be able to appreciate those lovely verses! Thanks for posting them!
-Charlotte

4:16 PM  
Blogger Judith B said...

How delightful I have never heard this song, but love the words. Thank you for sharing.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home