Friday, November 17, 2006

My Beautiful Sock From Cindy

Hi Ladies, I am finally sharing my photo of my sock from Cindy. I was waiting awhile because I didn't want my Secret Sock Sister to find out who I am. But due to knitterly disasters out of my control, I am going to be writing to her soon and begging pardon! I will have the tale of woe on my blog some time tonight or this weekend! I have been knitting a long time, I don't know how this little sock has kicked me down so many times, but I am exhausted and taking a break at the moment!

But, Cindy was a wonderful swap partner and she knit the most beautiful sock for me. It has my favorite colors...purples...and it is warm and fits! She posted the pattern on her blog and I think earlier here. She also sent me so little sample goody bags of Alpaca and Llama fibers from Louet in natural shades. I haven't been able to spin for awhile and have been debating whether or not to spin them on my wheel or use them while I learn how to spin on my lovely Bosworth that Pamela sent me. Along with the roving was some beautiful stationery, a note pad with a magnet on it, which is already in use on my fridge, a cute little lavender whimsical sheep votive holder and a white ceramic sheep that is some type of holder...we haven't figured out yet what its original usage was meant for as the top comes off (unusual for a toothbrush holder) and it is much shorter with wider openings. I like it and am trying to decide how best to use it.

After some very bad experiences on other swaps, this was so nice. And Cindy's thoughtful application of scriptures both to me in email, on her blog and on this blog were so encouraging to me. Thank you Cindy for the lovely knitting and all the thoughtful gifts and your time! I appreciate you and I look forward to wearing my socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home