Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Following Through

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ" ~ Galatians 6:2
When I read this scripture this morning, I thought of our little group here and how, through prayer, we are helping to bear each others burdens...sharing in the load and helping to carry them to Christ. Lets especially remember to lift one another up this week!

I have a new winner to announce this week...are you ready???? The winner of this weeks prize drawing is ~

PAMELA!!!! (Fitting, since Pamela has posted an update - LOL) Look what will be making its way across the water to Nottinghamshire:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This pattern and yarn were donated by a dear sister who would like to remain anonymous (but God knows who she is, so lets lift her up today as well!). So to date, our winners are Molly, Theresa, Judy, Carissa and now Pamela. If you have not won a prize yet, don't fret - grin - we have MORE to come ;)

I wanted to share an update of my own, and that is a beautiful full color tour booklet of York, England AND the most adorable stitch marker with a little ball of yarn and knitting needles on it - my latest surprise from Pamela. The stitch marker was created by Heidi Petach Designs
Thank you again, Pamela...you are just to good to me ;) Hmmm, how can I "get back" at you???? I've been thinking.....

My other update is about my own knitting for my Secret Sis, Eve. I am turning the heel as we speak, and liking the looks of things more as I go. Isn't that often the way? When we aren't exactly comfortable with our progress, or the bumps in the road that come our way...wouldn't our Heavenly Father have us to persevere, continue in good faith, following His direction and pressing towards the finish?

My prayer for you today is that you would see His hand in your life today, and that the road ahead would be filled with promise if you will only follow Him!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

What a lovely prize for Pamela! I'm so glad that you are liking you sock better. Thank ypu for the sweet encouragement and for starting our little group here.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Pamela, that yarn is dyed here in the Sacramento Valley of California. She uses all plant dyes. I haven't met her by my LYS cares a lot of her yarns and I have used them as SP gifts before because they are something from my area. Cary, I loved York! It was such an interesting, historic city with many medieval houses/buildings still being used today. Enjoy your "tour"!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

As always, I have no idea what the yarn looks like.. *G* But I'm sure it's lovely... Oh and an almost sock for me... Yippee!

It is cold and windy today... I had on some socks that I received as a gift, cute, but they weren't wool. My feet were cold. I changed into some handknit wool socks and now my feet are warm even if my nose is cold...

I told Ruben I was going to make us nose warmers with tassels on the ends and he's afraid I'm actually going to make them. *G*

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home