Friday, October 27, 2006

Finished!

Ta da! Now I just need to put together a pkg to send out. Hmmm I have to think a little bit about what I want to put in it. This could be fun!

In one of her posts Pamela made a comment about there being a design element in her sock.. *G*


Well there is one in mine. I showed my sock progress to the ladies in my Monday knitting group and mentioned that there was a tiny oops in one cable, even though it is the easiest cable design possible, that's what happens when you read or watch tv while you knit. It probably would be a good thing to look at my work or actually count rows and not eyeball it.

Anyway... one of the ladies said... ooh well that design element just shows that you are a quilter (I am) at heart and as many quilters do, you intentionally did one little thing differently to see if anyone could find it. So... that's my story and I'm sticking to it... I did a quilter's thing in my sock.


Eve

3 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

Eve, I agree with the woman in your group, and I'm not really a quilter. As long as it is not glaring and doesn't interfere with the wearability, it is a design element! I look forward to seeing pictures!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Congratulations on finishing Eve! Some mistakes are inevitable. Some can be fixed or drive you nuts until they are fixed and some just need to be let go. I'm sure your sister will love them.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I always hear people say this is an Amish tradition - to purposely make a mistake, to show we are not perfect like God - but we have lots of Amish friends and I have never heard one of them say it - LOL!

I'm sure the sock is beautiful though, Eve! Congratulations on being finished

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home