Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Update on feet to prayers sock swap from Cindy

I know, it is not Monday. I am always behind the eight ball. :( But, I have had my sock for my partner done for a while now. I have it updated on my blog, and I would prefer my partner not look at it until she receives her sock. ;-) I am writing the pattern out for you. (Well, as soon as I finish this I will)



This yarn-Froehlich wolle, Blauband Maxi Ringel from Switzerland-has been lounging around in my stash waiting for the perfect sock and for the perfect recipient.Now, these are my colors (except maybe for the bright pink), but it was not screaming at me to make a sock for myself.
This was so much fun, and this yarn had my partner's choice of colors in it. I also needed to come up with a pretty pattern that would expand over the ankles and feet.
I just a very simple lacy ribbed pattern with a 5 stitch repeat.
Cast on x# sts. Start pattern rows.
Row 1: Knit 3, purl 2 around, x# times. (12 if you cast on 60 sts.)
Row 2: Knit 1, yarn over, knit 2 together, purl 2. repeat all the way around.
Row 3: Knit 3, purl 2 around.
Row 4: Knit 2 together, yarn over, purl 2. repeat around.
Now, I do not remember where I found this pattern. If some one knows, please let me know so that I can give credit where it is due.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

The yarn is pretty, and I think hat you also chose a pretty pattern for your socks!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Cindy, I have made socks from that brand of yarn and it has stood the test of time better than any other sock yarn I have ever used! No sign of wear or pilling at all. I always wonder why it is not better promoted, as it seems so nice to me?

You have a very lucky sock pal ;)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Ewe & I Farm said...

I believe my sock partner knows who she is. I tried to send a secret e-mail, but it still said Cindy on it, and I am the only one out of the 13 of us. ;)

4:56 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Ooh! Very pretty! I agree with Cary on this yarn. I rarely see it, of course I live in an area where you don't need to wear socks six months of the year so that may be why! LOL

7:49 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I just went looking on ebay for this type of sock yarn as I had some from when I was in Germany years ago but had not seen it for awhile, and I finally had to google and the company went out of business!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home