Friday, November 03, 2006

Charlotte Update



Well, I think I am done knitting my sock now, I left the last few stitches held on a few safety pins for my secret partner to weave in after she makes sure the sock is a good fit for her. I used a free internet pattern called "Little Shell Socks" that I hope she will like. I get the impression she likes feminine things. I dyed the yarn myself in her favorite colors-jewel tones of blue, purple, some turquoise, and some burgundy. The flash on my camera blanched them out some, in person they are more distinctive/less all-blue looking. Now I just need to finish up the gifts and goodies I'm sending along with the typed up instructions that include all of my notes.

-Charlotte

6 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

What a lovely sock! I'm sure that your partner will love it!

7:27 PM  
Blogger ewenme said...

Charlotte..... I agree.... this is a very lovely sock! I love the colors and I am sure whomever your partner is, she will love it also.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh, Charlotte, that is one yummy looking sock! I like that idea of leaving the toe so that someone can finish off the sock or keep working...hmmm, might have to do that for Eve ;D

1:00 PM  
Blogger Judith B said...

I love the colors in your sock. Your sock swap sister will be the envy of all her friends:-)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

OOH! Gorgeous sock and how special that you dyed it yourself for her. Thanks for sharing.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Thanks guys! Positive feedback is very encouraging to me, this is the first swap of any kind I've ever been in!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home