Sunday, September 24, 2006

Welcome To Feet To Prayers

Welcome to the Feet To Prayers Sock Swap...a harvest time knitting and praying sock/knit-a-long!

Sign ups ended on September 20 and we officially began September 23rd (the Autumnal Equinox). This swap will officially end on December 1st and I think we will try to have every thing in the mail to your pal no later than December 1st.

In this exchange, you pick out yarn, pattern and a few fall or harvest themed items to gift to your Secret Sock Sister. You will knit the first sock, then send that sock with the remainder of the yarn and the pattern, along with any goodies, to your pal. I have done two other swaps like this and had so much fun doing them...it is very exciting!

And now the really fun and special part! This swap/kal is called FEET TO PRAYERS for a reason. We are encouraging you to pray for your partner during the course of the swap. So there is one more requirement to go along with the sock, yarn, pattern and little gifts and that is that you search your Bible and find a scripture that has a reference to Prayer - and one that includes feet, marching, going forward, etc. would be good, too! Commit yourself to spending time in prayer for your Secret Sock Sister as you knit and prepare her goodies for her. Send emails or leave comments on her blog during the swap. Lets get to know our Sisters in Christ! It is totally up to you (and your sock sister) whether or not you remain anonymous. A blog is not required to participate - but fun! We will try using this blog as a one-stop check in point, especially for those who don't have a blog. I say we will try it because if it gets to confusing or hectic, we will do away with it. I am going to ask that we have a set day for “official” updates and I am going to make that day Monday. If you do not have a blog, please e-mail me by Sunday with your update, and I will post it here on Monday.

I think I have everyone listed with a link at the sidebar. Please let me know if you find a link that doesn't work or if I have missed putting you there. Be sure to check out what everyone is doing...

Lets ask the Lord to bless the work of our hands as we spend time trying to bless our Sisters. I'm betting that the giver will end up being as blessed as the receiver!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" ~ Psalms 119:105

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home